Friday, August 28, 2009

50th. Anniversary


Good Morning......

Yesterday was one busy day....to begin I met Carolyn at Weight Watchers. I had a good weigh in. The pound I found....I lost and it took another one with it! Yippee! Then I met with a scrapbook group at Elise's home and we worked on a Christmas page. I think the weight I lost was in my brain, as I really messed up. In the end, it turned out well. I'm not finished with the pages, but hopefully by Christmas I will be!

Then in the evening....I went to Paradise Scrapbook Boutique for the Thursday Night Card Class. Karen and her sis outdid themselves once again. The cards were fun to make and challenging too. I'm still working on one of the cards....it is beautiful! We made a card that my brother will be getting for his BD....he's going to think I'm such a talent! Again....someone else did the thinking and it's very, very cute. And we made a Just Beecause card....it could be used for any occasion! If I get the lead out....I may actually put some photos up.

Carolyn and Karen were teasing me about buying paper at the Thursday night class and having a project on my blog in the morning....I'm going to disappoint you today. I came home and went to bed! But....I am putting up photos of an anniversary card I made for a dear friend.

The envelope is a box that I made from suede paper....I love the suede paper and it's easy to work with. It cuts well, folds well and looks so rich.

I just ran to my craft room and rubber stamped on a piece of red suede. It worked! I used Brilliance - Moonlight White. I think I would use a brighter white ink in the future....I'll try it and let you know. I just ran back to the craft room and stamped on the red suede with black Staz On....It worked well, dried quickly looks beautiful....I'll try to get a photo up later.

Back to my project. On the envelope box...I used the Spellbinder die Fleur de Lis die, cutting it in gold and brown suede. I made a band for the box using gold patterned paper (unknown source), solid gold card stock and suede paper. A Dew Drop is in the center. The inside of the box has handmade paper as a wrap and the embellishment is made from the Fleur de Lis die.



The card uses the Spellbinder heart, both scalloped and plain. I used my computer to type the names of the couple. The photo was originally colored, however, I changed it to Sepia to match the project. Ribbon is from my stash!



To close.....I didn't do a new project but for Carolyn and Karen.....I did learn you can rubber stamp on suede paper.....and to make Karen and Carolyn happy.....I'll post it tomorrow!
Have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!