Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Iris Fold

My card buddies have been discussing the Iris Fold cards. I've done them in the past and thought it might just be time to attempt another. I went on-line and found a pattern for a hexagon. The pattern was designed by Judy Headrick - www.cardsandcrafts.freeservers.com She did a great job on this template. She shows it in 3 sizes and also gives directions for making it using 6 papers or 3 papers. I chose six. I don't know what I was thinking when I picked my papers, I think I am trying to use up scraps and keep the patterns in Fall colors or themes. After I completed the iris, I wondered how it could be used. See below..



I cut the card in the shape of a hexagon and I liked it....My title was printed on my computer and I used the Spellbinder hexagon die cut to cut and mount the frame. Dew Drops were used for embellishment and I added ribbon. The pumpkin is a Cuttlebug cut and emboss...one of my very favorite dies.




The inside was a challenge. I wanted to cut the shape of a hexagon and mount to another that was a 1/4 inch larger hexagon. After several attempts and much grumbling....I decided to do what you see....and I liked it!
Yesterday Carolyn, Virginia and I worked on the 3D Halloween card. The girls did a great job! Today it was a trip to Chico to play. Being the giving women that we are....we went to Harbor Freight and our husbands are the proud owners of electronic fly swatters....Don't tell them, but we actually went and looked at storage containers for small things. Who would have thought about Harbor Freight for girl things? I didn't....thankfully Carolyn did!
Tomorrow will be a day without crafts. Richard and I will be helping out at a benefit for the Christopher family. Please keep them in your prayers...they are a wonderful family!
Until we meet again....take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!