Sunday, April 11, 2010

Butterflies and Borders

I think spring must really be here....the blogs I follow are showing definite signs of spring. Yesterday Brenda and I played all day. We took a lunch break and walked to the restaurant. I must admit, the brightness of the sun did not reflect the temperature. The wind was quite nippy and at times quite blustery. But none the less....it's SPRING!

The card I made is pictured above. I was working on another card, using the same dp, but I decided to give that card a break and use the remaining scraps to create this card. I had a friend in mind as I punched my way through. The dp is from Jillibean - the Egg Drop Soup Collection. The border and the butterflies are from Martha Stewart...I LOVE her punches. The bling is Heidi Swapp. The butterflies were punched twice, once on pink card stock and once using a pink tinted vellum. I saw this technique last week at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. Very pretty way to give dimension to the butterflies. Thanks Karen!

I was talking to Karen at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique and I told her that pink seems to be my color of choice lately.... I don't know if it's because I've been making so many cards for women, or if I think pink when I think spring....but I sure have been stuck on pink.... For my next card, I'm going to use something else....hmmmmmm.....maybe yellow, which is my favorite color!

Today I'm traveling to the South Pacific....well, not really, Carolyn and I are going to the production of South Pacific performed by the members of Chico Theater Company.

Off I go.....Enjoy today!

3 comments:

  1. This card is so nice! Beautiful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty and beautiful in pink! Funny how we get hooked on colors for a while huh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this is gorgeous. I love the punch border and must remember this idea for my own cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!