Sunday, April 11, 2010

Check One Off My Bucket List


Two posts in one day....some kind of record for me. I have a "Bucket List" my list has tons of paper projects I intend to try.....Sherry Cheever has a blog page: Walkin on the Bad Side. I've been following her for quite some time. Recently she started making video tutorials of techniques. I added her paper flower to my bucket list. Today I was able to check one item off my very long and always growing list....The photo above is a paper flower I made using the technique taught by Sherry. Click here to see the video. or you can go to YouTube to view the video.
Sherry used Spellbinder Blossom 2. I didn't have that die, but I did have Spellbinder Blossom. I used pink card stock that I purchased from Karen at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. I think the next flower will be made from card stock that is less thick. Although it wasn't hard to emboss the petals, and I added dimension by running them over the embossing tool. I used 4 layers of the largest of the 3 dies, 3 of the middle die and 2 of the smallest die. I then added a pearl to the center of the flower. The finished flower is approximately 1 1/2 inches in width. I'm very happy with my finished flower and it's a great project to make while watching TV....
Before I sign out....Sherry, I want to thank you for being the inspiration you are. Your work is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with all of us.
Have a wonderful week. Tomorrow is SOS day and Tuesday afternoon is my class. Hope to see many of you at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. For everyone else....see you at the next posting.

2 comments:

  1. Mary I love this flower! I can't wait to see the next one you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I bet it was fun! I will add it to my "must try" list... same as bucket list I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!