Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Linn

I normally don't post a card before I send it, but today....I'm going to. I don't think my soon to be son-in-law reads my blog. If he does....he's never shared that info with me!

His birthday is next Saturday and I've been stuck with what to make for him. As anyone who knows me knows...I don't enjoy making boy cards. Also as anyone who knows me knows... boys get bling and flowers....on this card I tried really, really hard not to add any bling. After suffering from withdrawals, I added bling in the letter "L". Ok, I had to add just a few more little jewels. I showed the card to my husband...he just rolled his eyes. I'm sure that must mean he loves it!


The inside was looking ok....but there was something missing....you got it..What man doesn't like flowers? I didn't have a flower that matched so I made this one using a white silk flower, that I rubber stamped using Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Not too shabby and the gem added the finishing touch.


The border punch is made using an EK Success border punch. When I purchased the punch, I thought it would punch the piece out completely, and I could use the piece anywhere on the page. Had I paid attention, I would have known better. Oh well....If you look at the front of the card, you'll notice that by punching twice....you do get the desired effect. This was a lucky accident. the piece of card stock originally measured 5 1/2 x 15/16ths. When I punched it twice, there was just a hair of card stock holding the two together. Whew!!!!

So, there you have it....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINN! Amy, if you see this....don't share until after Linn's Birthday...


I'm off to the Friday night get together....Tomorrow Karen's new shop opens. I had a sneak peek yesterday and no one will be disappointed. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I hope she quickly gets some photos on her blog page...you'll all wish her shop was in your neighborhood. Great job Karen and Bill too. She's on Facebook if you want to follow her there search: Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. And she also posts to her blog: here If I remember to take my camera, I'll take some photos too.


Off I go for now....Enjoy your weekend.


Hugs....Mary AKA: Glitter Grammy

1 comment:

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!