Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm Cooking....Tomorrow I'll Be Crafting

Ok...so where's the card?  A friend and I are working on a blog page for our group of Weight Watcher gals, and we've been struggling with posting the recipes that we've saved as Word files.  So after trying pretty much everything....I came up with this...I am hoping that it works...So, about the recipe...It's one I made while trying to come up with a use for all the cabbage I'd bought....It's really tasty, healthy and easy!  If you try it, let me know what you think! 

I'll be posting a photo of my desk in the morning....I need to tidy it a tad...cause it is a mess.  I'm working on a Birthday card for my buddy Brenda and I know she checks out my blog....so, I've got to hide the card!
Fried Cabbage – 0 points PP
This is a real no-brainer recipe. It was created because I had a half a head of cabbage and didn’t know what to do with it. I’d had cabbage in soup, and in salad, but I wanted something more of a cold weather comfort food, so this is what I did……

½ head Cabbage
1 tsp Trader Joe’s 21 Spice Seasoning (I used 1 tsp, but you can add more or less to taste)
¼ cup Stock (chicken, beef or veggie)
PAM

I lightly sprayed a large frying pan with PAM and heated the pan over med-high heat. I added the cabbage and started stirring. You want the cabbage to brown but not burn….that’s where the stock comes in. I used Chicken stock. Add a little at a time, you aren’t making soup, just using the stock to keep the cabbage from burning. When the cabbage is wilted and cooked through…..remove from heat and eat. My husband loved it. He was a bit apprehensive at first, but tried it and was pleasantly surprised.

Note: The Trader Joe 21 Spice Seasoning is fantastic!

Our Weight Watcher Blog link is:  http://ourownweigh.blogspot.com  Check it out!  Please!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this sounds great to me! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now how come I repeated myself here - I sure didn't eat no cabbage so it wasn't that causing it! Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!