Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WOYWW Number...145 and more

Yesterday I purchased a sheet of crepe paper from Karen at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique.  It was an impulse purchase....now that's something new for me....NOT!  I'd seen a flower that Rachel made and my mind went to that place that says....hmmmmm I wonder what a flower die would do...I'll ask if I can post a photo of Rachel's flower...it's really beautiful.... anyway, so, I bought red and green crepe paper  and came home to give my Spellbinder daisy a try.  The card stock is a piece of 110 pound plain white cardstock.  I  seem to have bits and pieces of this stock laying everywhere, I'm never at a loss for snippets of this card stock. The Cuttlebug embossing folder made the polka dot frame and the white ribbon have been laying in wait for the perfect spot to use them.  The frame behind the flower was cut using a Martha Stewart border punch.  The sentiment is a Stampin Up stamp which has been stamped on a Spellbinder tag.  For the inside page, I repeated with a piece of crepe paper and the MS border punch.  The button in the center of the flower is actually a paper button made using a Stampin Up die.  Looks like a button, but will lay nice and flat in the envelope. 

So, here's what my desk looked like while I was in my planning stage.  Trust me it's looked much worse.... I've got several projects laying there waiting to be finished.  An album I'm making for my DH,  a Christmas card I've been thinking about putting together for what seems like forever and off to the side (hidden from view), are several dies waiting to be added to a book I'm putting together to inventory my dies. Yes, this is the year I get organized....ok, I think that was my goal for 2011 also....  I'm posting my link on Julia's blog page....if you'd like to see more desks and more than that more projects...hop on over to Julia's blog page.  And how about joining in, it's easy and fun!

And then there is another favorite blog Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  Di challenges us to use snippets and it's always fun to see what beauty comes from bits and pieces. 

We had a few days of spring like weather and my spring house cleaning clock was ticking away.  I took everything out of the china cabinet, washed everything, cleaned the mirror and glass and now, I spend lots of time gazing at my sparkling beauty.  There is something about shiny....

 
Well, I guess I could blab on for longer, but I see a few of you nodding off....until next week, stay warm and dry, enjoy your week and I'll see you soon!

Hugs to all,
Glitter Grammy

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mary - perfect for the snippets playground! The crepe paper worked a treat! I'm also super impressed by that gorgeous and very sparkly display cabinet too :) Happy WOYWW! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational card. Love that crepe flower. Hugs Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so ambitious!Want to come to my house and spring clean? Your creation is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Love it Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow . . . that's a stunner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can come and do my Spring cleaning any day Mary! It's warmer here and drier but you might have to put up with the odd tornado!! Yes, I agree, Winter has been just crazy this year. Love your beautiful card, and great to see a creative desk.

    Hugs
    Brenda (from 74F Michigan!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is stunning! Love everything about it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!