Thursday, August 23, 2012

WOYWW 168 - Blog-aversary

Good morning....Is it Thursday?  Oops....I took my photo of my desk yesterday bright and early, and then life got in the way.....so, here's the desk:
Well, not really my desk, more like my counter.  I've been cutting out little elephants for my buddy Virginia and I...see BossKut  Gazelle on counter. I thought what a cute card the little elephant would make for my granddaughter and grandson (well, maybe more like my granddaughter, I'm not sure 13 year old boys will love this as much as a 6 year old girl will.)  Head on over to Stamping Ground to see what everyone's been working on.  For those who don't know Julia....she's kind enough to let us share our work areas with the world.  Thank you Julia!

So, as I said, life got in the way.  The photo was taken at about 6 AM.  Then I decided to get ready for the day.  My honey had a new painting student coming and I thought I should at least comb my hair and get dressed.  Though I love my lady bug jammies, I doubt the world is ready to see them.  Well, the student came as did his wife, so.....being a woman, we had to talk, and talk, and talk.  When they went home, I talked to a friend on the phone, and then started dinner in the crock pot.  I love my crock pot.  Anyway, then another friend called and I put my ear piece in an d began assembling my card. 

So....here it is.  Keep in mind, I'm not great at putting these pieces together.  My fingers don't do small, but I gave it a go.....
 
The pattern for this little elephant was purchased from Scrapping Bug Designs, and cut using my Gazelle by BossKut.  I've got to say, every time I use it, I'm so happy I choose the Gazelle.  The cardstock I used is from an Easter Collection by Pinecone Press. I'm not sure I could call these two pieces snippets as they are taken from a sheet that only had about 4 inches removed...but if the paper isn't whole, I guess it's a snippet....so...... I found two good size snippets for the background and the little birds were on the bottom of the paper.  The paper and flowers were purchased at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique.   The elephant is made from snippets I dug out of my snippet box.  As were the title pieces.  I think I'll head over to Di's blog, Pixie's Crafty Workshop and post this little card.....
 
A reminder check the blog post 8/15/2012: My blog-aversary is coming up in September. I usually remember it, right after it's gone by. But this year I'm planning ahead and I want to celebrate by gifting some lucky person a bag of goodies. What's in the bag? I have no idea, why? Because every day something new goes inside. If my math serves me....there should be 29 items in the bag. And....I'll ship anywhere....so, all you gals across the pond....you could win! Here's the way to win....Follow me! ....and then leave a comment. What if you already follow me? Well, then just leave a comment. What if you don't have a blog page.... well, then leave a comment with your first name and last initial. See...you might win too! Every time you comment you will have your name put into the drawing. Only one comment per post please....Here's the bag I'll be putting the goodies into.....If you look closely, there is already a treat inside.....
Note: Before I receive questions about why does blogspot list me as a member since July of 2008 and I'm claiming September 12 of 2009. I signed up for blogspot in July of '08, and then really didn't do much of anything until September of '09. So, I've picked my blog-aversary as of the September date, when I started counting visits on Clustermap. Whew....now that that is addressed.....

Those of you who know me, know I don't (usually) post every day, but every day something will be going into the bag.....September 11th is the last day to Follow and/or comment... Off I go, I've got shopping to do! When I announce the winner, you will have 24 hours to claim your prize. If you don't....I'll draw another name.
I found something fun to put into the bag....want to see it? Nope...no peeking! I did take the names of those who are following my blog and entered them into the drawing....



Hugs to all, have a wonderful day!

Mary Mac AKA: Glitter Grammy

15 comments:

  1. Wow Mary, this really is adorable, super papers and such a cute elephant too. If a sheet is cut into, even a 12" one it's a snippet! The words you put are lovely, they made me smile at all the love put into this. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Mary! What a sweet idea for a card, photos really make things so personal and special :) The message is so touching and sweet as well, just beautiful...

    Sounds like you had quite the day of chatting, your voicebox must be worn out haha!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elephants. They are just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking desk and I love the little elephant he is so cute! I think your fingers did a great job putting it together. Have a great week. Vickie #68

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute elephants...gorgeous card.. Have a happy week, Hugs May x x x#4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    Your elephants are so cute! The card is great! Wiahing you a happy weekend!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandies would adore that elephant. Well done.
    Happy very belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #52

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg!!!! I'm in love with this elephant!! Such a cute card!!! Love it:-)
    Hugs
    Jaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww! Such a cutie lickle elephant there! Wonderful job Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So generous of you to already put in the names of those following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. God Bless. Waiting to see if Lady Luck smiles at me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice card,love the elephant and colours used for card,Happy blogaversary.

    thanks
    kavitha

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very happy blogaversary!!!Nice card and thanks for the special bad of treats..would love to win..:)
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got onto blogger.com from httρ://glittergrаmmу.
    blogspot.сοm/ and I gοtta аdmit, уou've got an attractive blog layout. How long have you been running this blog? The way you do all of this makes it look like a cinch. The overall look of your blog is fantastic, not to mention the information.

    My web page tweaks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!