Sunday, November 10, 2013

No Christmas Today. It's A Birthday!


This is a card I made for my friend Michael.  He is a part of our local choral group. That was my inspiration.   So, Happy Birthday Michael. 

Most of you know I am not a fan of making cards for men.  Where are the flowers?  Where is the ribbon?  Where is the Bling?   Geez.....Well, I couldn't go without adding a bit of shine.  This card was made with snippets left over from one of my card classes.  And while digging through my snippet box, I found the shiny card stock that just happened to match....lucky break for me! 

You heard me say snippets....and if you are a regular follower, you know that means this card will be linked to a fun blog page, that is monitored by a sweet gal named Di.  This week she posted a white on white card....I guess this one could be called blue on blue!  Check out Di's page, and if you have time skip around to see the other creations made with snippets.  We all love comments, especially friendly ones...so, maybe you could give a shout out to some of those who shared their creations.  Everyone....meet Di and her Pixie's Crafty Workshop! 

Until later.....Hugs and Happy Crafting!
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy

8 comments:

  1. Mary, this is just so beautiful! I love the card fold and your whole design!! What is the fold called? I want to CAS it! Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoooo, this really is sensational Mary - such a lovely card, sigh, you really are so clever.

    And thank you for your really sweet and kind words. When my post for tomorrow pops up and you read about my day out with Mrs A you may not think I'm totally sweet - although in fairness she WAS holding our items to purchase out of reach so I couldn't pay for them :) Mrs A is tall and elegant, I'm small and a bit round - BUT, I can jump and slap with the best of them :))

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but Christmas IS a birthday! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary . . . this is a FANTASTIC male card and you should definitely make more of 'em cuz you're good at it!

    Now off to find out what went on over the weekend with Di and Mrs A!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may very well start a new trend of BOB cards to compete with the more traditional WOW cards, Mary! I absolutely love this and love that serendipity played a role in it so you could find that paper!! Awesome snippets make!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blue on blue card! I think that is the name of an old song! lol

    Wonderful card and love that you were able to use up some snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous Mary, love the blue on blue, a fab use of snippets x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!