Friday, April 27, 2018

Impossible Cards - I am loving making them.

Impossible cards are everywhere.  It is almost impossible to look at blogs you are following without seeing one.  I decided I needed to join the fun and let me tell you, this card has everything I require.  I need something different....something with space to add embellishments and something that won't break the bank when mailing.  This is it!  This card is 4 1/4 x 6.  I saw Jan B make one on YouTube, so I thought I'd give it a go.  And I love it.

Here's the back and there is plenty of room to write a note.  Soooooo on to telling a bit of a story on myself.

I am on the Design Team for Sparkles Christmas Challenge and this month I've been recovering from a knee repair and haven't been doing much crafting.  That said, I am feeling better and decided that it might be nice to make a Christmas card with this month's challenge.  So..... I put together another Impossible Card, this time using a 5x7 base that I had seen on Mixed Up Craft on YouTube.  Being so late in the month I thought, if I don't finish this card today I will be too late to post it.  So this is what I created....
I wanted to use my newest set of frame dies (PoppyStamp Double Stitch Square Frame) which makes making shaker cards so easy.  I added a digital die bear and several other dies mostly by Memory Box.  I was impressed with how quickly this card came together and I was equally proud of being able to complete a card for this month's challenge even though I'd asked to be excused for one month.  

Now to make the long story short, I checked my notes for  the theme of this month  and guess what....It isn't bears.  So, I am posting another impossible card, but not for the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.  I must say, I do like this Christmas card.
Here's the back side with it's sentiment and with a place to add my own greeting.  I now have another sweet little card to add to my Christmas stash, but sadly not one for the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.  

I did learn something that might be a good technique.  This larger card was a bit floppy.  It just wasn't standing up so I added a hinge to both sides and the problem was fixed.  And it's hardly noticeable.  If you are using card stock that is of a lighter weight, or if you are adding embellishments that are a bit heavy you may want to think about adding a hinge or two.  For this card I made mine 1 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide.  I folded the 1 inch side in half to measure 1/2 inch and glued the hinge to the moving part.  

Well that's it for now.  I'm hoping to get a card made for the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.  If I don't, I do hope you will check out what everyone has created.  So please have a look on May 1st.  
  
Until later, hugs and happy crafting.

Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy

2 comments:

  1. Well now you have me totally baffled as I haven't seen or even heard of these cards yet! My gosh it foes look a bit complicated. I would go and have a look on You tube but staying clear of sites as much as possible right now. I like the top card with its bright colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mary that sure is a fabulous card. Well done you on keeping your hands busy while recovering from your operation.May you continue to recover. Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!